IP Strategy and Management
Created in January 2017 by Fabirama NIANG, Oneseveral supports companies for
- building and setting-up of their Intellectual property strategy,
- negotiating their agreements with others companies, and especially – but not only – when intellectual property is at stake, (technology transfers, licences, research collaborations, NDA’s,…)
- training their staff in agreements issues and in negotiation,
- resolving their (raising) disputes out of court, through Mediation or Conciliation.
Our experience allows us to offer these services in diverse technical fields, ranging from mechanics to energy, via biotechnologies, chemistry or telecommunications.
If needed, we may involve some partners, but we would remain your privileged interlocutor.
We work both in French and in English, and our services are provided eitheir in face-to-face or on-line meetings, depending on specific requirements and/or relevance.
- Our philosophy is sharing information and knowledge.
- Our goal, that you become an informed player.
- Our method, to listen, to accompany rather than substitute, and to pass on our experience.
- Our measure of success, your autonomy of reflection, consistent with your position.
Fabirama got a PhD in Fluid Mechanics from UPMC (Paris 6 University). He also graduated in patents and contracts law at the CEIPI (Unversity of Strasbourg), and is a French Patent Attorney.
Certified “EuKTS Expert” in Knowledge and Technology Transfer at the European level, he is also an inter-company Mediator, accredited by the CMAP (Paris Center for Mediation and Arbitration).
He is involved in Intellectual property for 20+ years, successively as Director of Industrial Relations of the Strasbourg’s University, Head of Licenses Acquisitions of Orange Group and Vice-President Intellectual Property of Total Group, until he created Oneseveral.
Recognized trainer, Fabirama teaches Licensing at the University Paris 2 Panthéon Assas (master level), and in diverse organisms, including the INPI (French Patent and Trademark Office).
He also teaches Negotiation in diverse places, especially for start-up creators, and gives regular lectures in France and abroad.
Fabirama is a member and/or Board Member of several professionnal associations.
More details on LinkedIn
Consulting on IP Strategy and Management
We offer to support you in defining and piloting your “IP portfolio”, which includes intellectual property titles (patents, trademarks, …), softwares, author rights and know-how, as well as rights and obligations pertaining to diverse agreements.
We’ll help you to use this IP portfolio as a leverage for promoting partnerships, acquiring new technologies, accelerate your development, and protect yourself from competitors or countefeiters …
We also propose, on your demand,
- to act as your part-time IP Manager,
- to coach your IP Manager for helping them to enhance their strategic understanding of your IP issues,
- to support you for assessing IP skills of people you consider recruiting them.
Negotiation requires specific skills.
Though you may be naturally easy for it, it’s necessary to know its steps and process.
We provide you the ad hoc support.
Especially when it comes to intellectual property related agreements (*), negotiation requires to master, or at least well understand not only the negotiation process, but also the technical, business and legal issues that are at stake.
That’s the core skill and purpose of Oneseveral.
(*) technology transfers, licences, co-ownership agreements, research collaborations, confidentiality agreements, material transfert agreements, …
Depending on your need, we can provide support for
- preparing your negotiation
- through the “flash preparation“, which aims, in one hour, to stress the key points, values, arguments and negotiation tactics to be used in your negotiation
- or through a complete preparation, with the analysis of the technical, financial and legal issues, and the negotiation strategy, including its human and cultural components.
conducting your negotiation, on your side, partially or totally.
This requires a previous complete preparation.
An effective implementation of an intellectual property strategy requires the expertise of the intellectual property professionals, as well as a common language among the stakeholders.
We provide both trainings for your IP professionals on IP related agreements (tech transfer, licensing, …), and sensibilisation sessions specifically adapted to the stakeholders, from operators to top management.
In addition, we provide trainings in negociation, further to the limits of intellectual property.
Mediation and Conciliation
Mediation and conciliation are two out of court processes for fixing disputes, that we can run for any of your differents with an other company. They are strictly confidential, quick, and not expensive.
- The Mediator, duly qualified for this purpose, is an independant (without any link with a party), neutral ((s)he doesn’t provide his/her own analysis or solution) and impartial ((s)he treats the parties exactly the same) third party, who helps the Parties to find by themselves a satisfying solution to their different.
- The Conciliator is an expert of the concerned domain. She/he proposes her/his analysis, and helps that way to find a solution.